Table of Contents
- 1 How do you use the word inauguration?
- 2 What are some examples of inauguration?
- 3 How do you use the word mean in a sentence?
- 4 What is the best definition of inauguration?
- 5 Why is it called an inauguration?
- 6 What day is Inauguration Day 2020?
- 7 What do you mean by inaugural?
- 8 What is difference between mean and meant?
How do you use the word inauguration?
Inauguration sentence example
- A stone inauguration chair of the O’Neills is preserved in the Belfast Museum.
- Pams, his inauguration taking place on Feb.
- Every king was obliged, on his inauguration , to swear that he would govern justly and according to law, to which he remained always subject.
What are some examples of inauguration?
An example of inauguration is when a restaurant tries a new menu for the very first time. An example of an inauguration is when the power is handed over to the new president of the United States. Formal induction into office.
How do you use inaugural in a sentence?
Inaugural sentence example
- On the 2nd of December 1841 he delivered his inaugural lecture.
- The charges were based upon his inaugural address of the preceding year.
How do you use the word mean in a sentence?
Meaning sentence example
- She says He ( meaning God) is my dear father.
- There is more than one meaning of Annapolis discussed in the 1911 Encyclopedia.
- The loss of charge is due to more than one cause, and it is difficult to attribute an absolutely definite meaning even to results obtained with the cover on.
What is the best definition of inauguration?
: an act of inaugurating especially : a ceremonial induction into office.
What is the root word of inauguration?
The word inauguration stems from the Latin augur, which refers to the rituals of ancient Roman priests seeking to interpret if it was the will of the gods for a public official to be deemed worthy to assume office.
Why is it called an inauguration?
What day is Inauguration Day 2020?
The 20th amendment to the Constitution specifies that the term of each elected President of the United States begins at noon on January 20 of the year following the election.
What do you call the first of something?
beginning. That which begins or originates something; the first cause; origin; source. 3. 4. outset.
What do you mean by inaugural?
: happening as part of an official ceremony or celebration when someone (such as a newly elected official) begins an important job : happening as part of an inauguration. : happening as the first one in a series of similar events.
What is difference between mean and meant?
Mean is the present tense. Meant is the past tense and past participle. Mean is also an adjective meaning nasty, cruel, unkind.
What is mean by my name?
The name My is primarily a female name of Scandinavian origin that means Form Of Mary.