Table of Contents
What does Eshewed mean?
/ɪsˈtʃuː/ us. /ɪsˈtʃuː/ to avoid something intentionally, or to give something up: We won’t have discussions with this group unless they eschew violence. Synonym.
How do you use eschew in a sentence?
Eschew in a Sentence 🔉
- True vegetarians eschew food items that come from living animals.
- Because I am a strict Christian, I tend to eschew events that are not religious in nature.
- Since my husband believes chores are a woman’s work, he tries to eschew them around the house.
What is the synonym of eschew?
Some common synonyms of eschew are avoid, elude, escape, evade, and shun. While all these words mean “to get away or keep away from something,” eschew implies an avoiding or abstaining from as unwise or distasteful.
What does did away mean?
1 to put an end to by formal action. They decided to do away with the old dress code.
What does the word eschew mean in the Bible?
to abstain or keep away from; shun; avoid: to eschew evil.
How do you use chide in a sentence?
Chide sentence example
- She didn’t chide me for calling early.
- He will not chide continually, nor keep his anger still.
- “Billie didn’t even say hello, Vinnie,” Dean continued to chide .
- This is not the time or place to chide anyone, scold anyone, or roll out complicated policies and procedures.
How do you use arrogate in a sentence?
Examples of arrogate in a Sentence They’ve arrogated to themselves the power to change the rules arbitrarily. She arrogated the leadership role to herself.
What is the biblical meaning of the word eschew?
: to avoid habitually especially on moral or practical grounds : shun.
What are two Synonyms for evanescent?
synonyms for evanescent